Asbestos Management Plans
Asbestos Management Plans are mandatory under the Health and Safety at Work (Asbestos) Regulations.
An Asbestos Management Plan is a working document, created for registering identified asbestos containing products and the details of how these will be managed in a property. It ensures that PCBUs in control of a building or workplace are able to take measures to minimise the potential risk of exposure to inhabitants from airborne asbestos fibres.
The Asbestos Management Plan must contain clear information about all asbestos containing items identified on the property including where they are located, so that they can be managed safely.
Effective Asbestos Mangement Plan
- The asbestos register which identifies the type, condition, location, and accessibility of all asbestos materials Clear photos and diagrams indicating the location and extent of ACMs.
- Material and priority risk assessments for each ACM.
- Recommendations for management options; such as whether to remove, restrict or monitor ACM.
- The responsibilities of those who will take charge of implementing the plan.
- Training arrangements for workers and contractors who will work with or around any asbestos materials.
- A procedure for review of the plan, risk assessments and the asbestos register.
Your asbestos management plan needs to be clear and unambiguous, so that all the controls implemented to prevent exposure to asbestos are able to be fully and correctly implemented.
More Environmental Online Portal
With larger properties or complex portfolios an online portal to help manage the Asbestos Management Plan can be essential.
The portal is a live document which helps track any removal, remediation or inspection of each ACM and all relevant documentation is uploaded into the portal ensuring the paper trail required form compliance is never lost.
The portal also uses QR code technology for contractors and staff to access localised asbestos data management plan at the touch of a screen.
All More Environmental client’s data can be stored and managed using the online portal at no extra cost. For clients who have smaller requirements or prefer to work off traditional hard copy